And, darling, I will be loving you ’til we’re 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I’m thinking ’bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am
I’ve been married 3 years this week. 3 years it feels so much longer, like I can’t remember a time when I didn’t get to go to sleep next to Chris each night.
Lately I have had a lot of people say how lucky I am to have him and whilst I know I am so lucky to have him the amount of people mentioning it to me made me kinda paranoid. Am I that horrendous that it is only luck that I get to have this man in my life?
So whilst I allowed myself to wallow in this ridiculous self pity something happened last Thursday that snapped me out of it.
My lovely hubby Chris who I am lucky to have and who happens to be a Type 1 Diabetic had a shockingly fast and incredibly low blood sugar. The scary kind. The kind when he doesn’t know who I am or who he is or where we are, the kind where he will hold the glass of sugary drink but not actually be able to function enough to remember to drink it. So there he was blood sugar slowly rising because his wife was force feeding him sugary drink with my phone in my spare hand in case we needed an ambulance and I realized something.
I am lucky to have him but he is just as lucky to have me, we’re lucky to have each other because we take care of each other, that’s what marriage is about taking care of each other and to hell what any outsiders think or feel about our relationship only 2 people know what’s what and that’s me and him.
So on this our third wedding anniversary I wanna thank Chris for the following things:
- Thank you for being the one who picks up the dog poop in the backyard.
- Thank you for scratching my back in those places I can’t reach
- Thank you for eating everything I cook and telling me how wonderful it is including the time I made Anzac Biscuits and forgot to add flour so that you were effectively eating warm, dry honey oats.
- Thank you for telling me everyday that you think I’m beautiful and how much you love me.
- Thank you for finding me ridiculously funny including when we watch British Bake Off and I make disgusting and hilarious jokes using the innuendos of loaves and cream cakes.
- Thank you for defending me- ALWAYS.
I love you. How could I not you are quite honestly the best person I know. The only person I never get tired of. Now if we could just win the lotto so we can hang out together during the day as well.
So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I’m thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are
Linking up with the gorgeous Jess cause I Blog on Tuesdays.