But I keep cruising
Can’t stop, won’t stop moving
It’s like I got this music
In my mind
Saying, “It’s gonna be alright.”
There are different types of people.
Those who are cynical about New Years Resolutions. If you have tried previously and failed then it must be a crock. Even though science and history prove that it takes several unsuccessful attempts to achieve something.
There are those who make the same resolutions every year. Then give up when they view themselves as having broken the resolution- a piece of chocolate by the way isn’t going to kill you (please note that this is a generalised comment as I am sure there are ways that a piece of chocolate could kill you if it was say made into a shiv or laced with arsenic).
There are those that get busy and don’t get around to resolutions and that doesn’t worry them.
Then there are those who like me want my goals and choices to go beyond resolutions.
This is a big year. There are big changes coming that is a certain. Some are out of my control, some are by my choice. Am I scared? Bet your arse I am, I’m freaking terrified but at the same time I’m looking forward to it.
I came to the realisation late last year that 2014 was one of the worst of my life but it was also a year I had to experience to fully grasp myself, my life, my relationships and what really matters. I grew up last year, my husband did too in a way that some people never do. I used to think getting married or having kids made you a grown up. Sadly no, some people will remain immature, some people will always crave drama. I can guarantee you that drama has no place in my life anymore unless of course it is preceded by the words “Academy Award Winning”.
So besides staying free of drama my goals/ choices/ resolutions for the new year include the following:
- HAVE FUN, just enjoy life, laugh and be happy
- Don’t sweat the small stuff and after last year most of it is small stuff
- to finally get to go on our trip
- to evaluate my friendships and nourish the ones I believe in
- to stop apologising for everything… I’m sorry for everything always, sorry for hurting someones feelings, sorry for things I had nothing to do with, I always take the blame I need to stop doing that.
- To finish my course and start the next one.
- To do the things I love doing more: reading, swimming, writing, karaoke and yes sex (remember ladies it was a rough year last year)
- to be honest when people ask us when we are having babies. We have to wait for at least a year for me to heal and then we MIGHT be able to have them. We are learning to adjust to the notion that we are a super awesome and happy married couple that might never be blessed with children and that this does not mean we are not living a fulfilling and wonderful life. Please also stop before you suggest adoption. It’s like someone saying they want a chocolate bar and you offer them a cheeseburger. Also understand that there isn’t a type of fertility assistance we have not researched or a parenting option we haven’t looked into (fostering, adoption etc) we are not spending the next 12 months letting the lack of a child dictate our lives instead we plan on being happy and undertaking new adventures. You concentrating on us not having children is saying more about you than us. These are all the things I want to say to people but never have because of the look of pity they give us or the judgement we have been given for not having children already.
- to drink only 1 slurpee per week – cold turkey did not work for me.
- to not care so much what other people think because the ones who truly love me Chris and Molly are not judging me only loving me and everyone elses opinion is exactly that their opinion, their problem and not mine.
So really the only thing I’m wondering right now is…. it’s 2015 where’s my hoverboard?
‘Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I’m just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off