Today on this my 31st birthday I am linking up with Things I Know for the first time and it seems fitting that my things that I know today are birthday related…..
- I know that some people are ok with ageing and others not so much. I see it as a privilege to get to grow older however the ladies I work with informed me I have to feel this way because I am only 31.
- I know that I will always love the cards I get a little more than the present and in the interest of full disclosure and honesty I always turn over the card and see how much it costs. Don’t judge I don’t know why I do this but have done it since I was old enough to know how to read……I don’t compare numbers or anything I think it’s just curiousity at how much things cost. I can’t believe I just admitted that I am embarassment and a half right now.
- I know that I still get excited for birthdays like I did when I was 5….not just my birthday but everyones birthday Lyndal will vouch for the fact I am always more excited for her birthday than she is.
- I know that I expected to be a mum by this birthday but I also know that I am now content with the fact that I’m not. My time will hopefully come and at the moment I’m excited about getting healthier and a belated honeymoon with the hubby next year.
- The last thing I know about birthdays and this is important……. calories do not exist on your birthday……knowing this I still chose to snack on celery and almonds today how lame am I?
What do you know about birthdays?
Linking up with the incredible Rhianna from A Parenting Life for Things I Know